Friday 1 March 2013

"Spring" water from the hilltop Bukit Gombak

When I'm driving along Bukit Batok West Avenue 5, I always notice water flowing down the particular drain even when there is no rain. I happened to walk by the drain today and noticed that the water flow was quite strong. I guessed that there must be a catchment basin somewhere up the hill. I went to search the map and noticed that there is a blue catchment area and the drain is in between Block 383 and Bukit Gombak MRT station. 


When I was young, I heard of people using the "spring" water in Bukit Batok/Gombak area to wash their cars. Some people said that after using the water to wash their cars, they would strike lotteries. I wondered whether the 4D numbers were the car registration numbers or just some random numbers. I think it is that the water is quite clean and the fact that it is free, people will just scoop from the drain and use it to wash their cars. However, I have not seen anyone used the water to wash their car since I moved in to this estate. Well, if you are the one who used the water to wash your car and you have struck lotteries regularly, you can leave your comments and experiences here.


No comments:

Post a Comment